Take a walk with a difference! Enjoy the sounds of Dún Laoghaire with Anthony Kelly, poetry by Lucinda Jacob and Mark Granier and Joyceana by Sara Keating.
Located at dlr LexIcon, our latest outdoor experience will bring you on a sonic journey from the walkway by the pond towards the Christ the King sculpture, using smartphone technology. Starting at the gate by the Royal Marine Hotel, each sector on the walk will trigger a different soundscape or poem, relating to Dún Laoghaire. Take your time, sit and listen and enjoy how it mingles with the real-life sounds of the area.
TO ACCESS THE WALK:
1. Download the FREE Echoes App via the Android or iPhone App store.
2. Create an account and signin.
3. Use the QR Code on the posters to directly access the Sonic Stroll, or select it from the Echoes App area map.
4. Headphones may be required if the area is busy
5. Follow the mapped zones to listen to each sound.
No booking necessary. You will need a smart phone/device to pick up the sounds.