THE OBELISK, STILLORGAN
Free Guided Tour
The Stillorgan Obelisk is believed to have been built in 1727 by Lord Allen as a monument to his wife, Lady Allen. Standing over 100 feet high, it was designed by the eminent architect Sir Edward Lovett Pearce who also designed the Bank of Ireland on College Green. It was probably the first obelisk to have been built in Ireland.
Entrance is at Carysfort Woods, Carysfort Avenue, Stillorgan.
Please note that caution is needed at the steps of the Obelisk and it is not suitable for anyone unsure on their feet.
Suitable footwear is essential and bare feet are not allowed.
2pm – 6pm Tours on the hour. Last tour 5pm.
Tour Duration: 60 minutes.
Not wheelchair accessible.
Children must be supervised at all times.
Max Capacity: 20 people.